The contractors who buy from you put a premium on time. Their profession requires them to source the building materials they use as quickly as possible to carry out the installations, repair, and maintenance projects they’re called on to do every day.
That means, as a building material manufacturer, your website should immediately point them to the information they need as soon as they land on it.
It’s helpful to keep in mind the two things contractors need to know the most:
1. Product information. Contractors are well-served by brochures and sell sheets that detail product features and specs, as well as training information and the ability to request samples before making a purchase.
2. How or where to buy your product. Local pros need to know how to get to the closest dealer or retailer that carries the exact items they need for the job.
To address the how and where issue, all you truly need is a highly-optimized dealer locator.
A dealer locator that meets contractors’ needs will be intuitive and easy to navigate, while providing fast answers on which dealers to buy from and accurate information on which products are in stock.
If you’re ready to attract and retain more contractor customers, implement the following 3 things that contractors will want the most from your locator.
1. A Superior, Seamless User Experience (UX)
Contractors are like all users of the web: they like a website experience that is easy, pleasant, and productive.
They don’t like to waste time with a difficult or hard-to-understand website. In fact, up to 88% of all online shoppers won’t return to a website they found frustrating to use. Fortunately, it’s easy to provide a better experience through your dealer locator.
Several locator attributes make for an excellent user experience:
- A clean, responsive design. The page should load quickly and have a streamlined, uncluttered look, whether a prospective customer is using a desktop computer, laptop, or mobile phone.
- Dynamic visuals. Especially when it comes to locators, using an intelligent visual element such as Google Maps will enhance the experience.
- A clear path from one step to the next. This means pointing out the closest dealers as quickly as possible, along with extra data to help the customer pick a location to visit.
The Bullseye Locations software shines in all three areas.
First, it seamlessly integrates with Google Maps and produces beautiful, responsive, on-brand locator pages that look good on any device. Users can zoom in and move the map around to figure out the proximity of local dealers, along with distances and driving directions.
Bullseye also gets contractors to the cash register faster with geolocation detection. The customer’s location can be automatically detected, whether they’re at home or on a job site. The locator page then points them in seconds to the closest dealer.
Bullseye locators also preserve accurate dealer address and phone number info, along with the ability for users to submit inquiries and receive follow-up from both individual dealers and your brand.
The conclusion? Use Bullseye if you want a solution that instantly appeals to busy contractors with a comfortable user experience.
2. Precise Business Information and Stock Transparency
Contractors can’t afford to buy the wrong product, or worse, show up to a retailer to find the product they need isn’t in stock at all.
As many as 72% of shoppers online want confirmation of what’s in stock before visiting a brick-and-mortar store. Similarly, accurate business information and transparent inventory data are demanded by professional contractors, and rightfully so.
A first-class solution like Bullseye can help you meet these needs. You can be sure all dealer and retail location info is correct through Bullseye’s native support of Google Business Profiles (formerly known as Google My Business).
This integration ensures that current name, address, and phone number data, along with other dealer info included in the Google Profile, is always reflected on your locator page.
Inventory transparency is a snap to implement with Bullseye. Through XML files or simple backend integration with today’s stock take software platforms, your locator can be set up to furnish complete, correct data on dealer inventory at all times.
If you want a locator that helps contractors get the info they need with precision, consider Bullseye’s superior features.
3. A Fast Method for Finding Local Dealers
The core functionality of a locator page is to help your web users find the closest place to buy your products. For contractors, this needs to happen fast in order for them to complete pending projects on a strict timeline.
Fortunately, you can address these needs easily with Bullseye. Bullseye’s locator pages are designed to get users from your website to the point of sale without delay.
This happens through a clean, efficient design, but goes even further with:
- Geolocation detection – automatically determines a user’s location
- Support for locally-relevant content that provides contractors more info on nearby dealers while boosting your site’s overall SEO
- Inquiry forms that allow your users to submit questions and request quotes quickly, while enabling both your reps and independent local dealers to follow up
As a result, your contractors can get the products they need sooner — without having to think much about the locator technology they used to achieve their goal.
To Meet Contractor Needs With a Speedy, Accurate Dealer Locator, Use Bullseye
Your website is the gateway for commercial customers to purchase your products. Contractors, in particular, need speed, accuracy, and a streamlined experience when it comes to securing the materials they need.
That’s where you can come in and rise above your competitors with a Bullseye-powered locator page.
Bullseye gives you the opportunity to provide a top-notch customer experience online that makes your website a joy to use. You can offer accuracy and transparency on product stock, while ensuring dealer information is up-to-date at all times, no matter where your retail locations are.
Bullseye also gives you the power to take customers from Point A to Point B faster than ever before, while allowing you to supervise the “buyer journeys” of contractors as they move on to buy and use your building materials.
Looking to gain more contractors as customers, and keep more of them loyal to your brand? Schedule a free assessment of your current locator page to see the difference Bullseye can make.